What to expect at CSPC during Covid-19 Pandemic
NOTE: The following guidelines are based on the recommendations from the BC Centre for Disease control, specifically for Community Based Allied Health providers treating in clinic settings.
Please DO NOT arrive at the clinic if you feel unwell, or if you have tested positive for COVID 19, or have been told to self-isolate due to close contact or exposure. When in doubt, sit it out!! Call us as soon as you wake up and realize you have symptoms. We plan to do the same! If we do not receive a phone call from you, we will consider it as a “No-Show” and you will be charged our no-show fee.
If you are unwell and need to stay home, we can change your appointment to a Telehealth session with your physiotherapist. Please discuss this with the Admin team when you call.
Once you have booked an appointment with us (by phone or online), we encourage you to watch this video and read the steps below.
- Check out the BC Health Authority – COVID 19 Self Assessment Tool We will be using this tool to screen you at the clinic when you arrive. We encourage you to use it yourself prior to arrival, just in case. There is an app for your phone!
- Call the clinic ahead of time and ensure we have your extended health plan information and/or your credit card stored on file to allow for contactless payments.
- Leave all family members at home. The only reason you should arrive with someone else is if you require a caregiver, an interpreter, or are a minor (under 16) and require a parent/guardian.
- Wear a mask into the building. Once you arrive to the clinic door, you will be issued a Medical Grade Mask which will be mandatory to wear while in the clinic itself and throughout your appointment. If you have a certified N95, you are free to wear this. We also have N95’s available for sale, as supplies last.
- Bring your “gym strip” – a change of clothes appropriate for your appointment and injury (shorts, tank top or t-shirt, sports bra).
- If you like, bring your own physio exercise tools with you to use during your appointment, but you are still welcome to use ours – everything is disinfected between use.
- Leave all non-essential personal items at home or in your office. Arrive only with what you need for your appointment.
- Wash your hands!
2. When you arrive
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment time. Any earlier, you may be asked to wait in the hall. Please be on time!
- Stop at the front door when you arrive and wait to be called in by the Admin Team. If someone else is at the front door, please stop in the hall, 6 feet away.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to you at the front door of the clinic. If you prefer to wash your hands when you arrive, hand washing stations are available within the clinic. We will ask you to wash your hands prior to, and after using any gym equipment. And remember, don’t touch your face.
- You may be asked to pay ahead for your appointment &/or provide us with your credit card information to be stored in our system if we don’t already have it.
- We expect that you have already done a “Self Check” of how you feel that day, prior to attending. Please use the COVID 19 Self Assessment Tool and let us know you passed the test!
3. What to expect of us
- For the protection of all us, your therapist and our staff will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment when they need to be within 2m/6ft of you. We all wear ASTM Level 2 Surgical Masks and/or N95 masks. If other items are necessary to be used during your treatment we will do so (e.g. gloves, gown, face shield).
- We will be doing regular cleaning and disinfecting of all high touch points throughout the day. All direct patient care areas will be disinfected between each patient.
- Your appointment will be either 30 minutes (follow-up treatment) or 45 minutes (new injury).
- Informed consent between you and your therapist is required to ensure you understand the risks associated with in-person care during the COVID-19 pandemic. This will be discussed between you and your therapist.
4. Leaving your appointment
To decrease exposure to you, other patients and staff:
- Your therapist will book your follow up appointment or direct you to our online booking.
- Your credit card, if kept on file, will be billed through our EMR system.
- You will be directed which door to exit the clinic from.
FOR GLA:D PARTICIPANTS:
As a participant of a group exercise class, it is imperative that we follow the specific “Guidelines for Group Low Intensity Exercise” Classes, as directed by Public Health. You can find all of the details here. All of the above details about your appointment still apply to your class. In addition, the following procedures will be in place:
- No more than 3 in-person participants each class, plus therapist
- Each participant is provided with a space of 7 sq.m to remain in while exercising
- Each workout space will be marked off by the therapist
- Each participant must be scheduled in advance, no last minute drop ins allowed
- Each participant must follow our COVID 19 Policies with regards to
- Not attending if feeling unwell
- Complete the COVID 19 Health Assessment prior to entering the class
- Wearing a mask at all times while in the clinic and during class
- Washing hands on arrival and departure
- Arriving on time (not earlier than 5 minutes prior to class)
- Arrive wearing their workout clothes, and bring their own water bottle
- Any shared equipment will be cleaned and disinfected between use