GLA:D Osteoarthritis Group Exercise program
Do you experience hip or knee pain, possibly associated with osteoarthritis? In Canada, 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 men have arthritis. Thankfully, this condition can be effectively managed with exercise. But, most of us could use some guidance on what exercises are ideal and how they should be safely performed. The GLA:D Canada Program provides cost-effective group education and exercise to individuals of all ages.
Hosted at our clinic in downtown Vancouver, our first program in the Fall of 2018 was a huge success! All participants improved in their strength and function and reported significant pain relief. Programs are running regularly throughout the year and can also be run virtually, via Telehealth. The 7 week long programs are all run by Physiotherapist, Sarah Paterson. Contact her for more details.
- 2 formal education sessions with focus on symptom management strategies
- 12 group neuromuscular exercise sessions with focus on functional strength
- Data collection for quality monitoring
- Cost: $600 (paid up front, $50 per exercise session, Physiotherapy receipt issued at each session, education sessions free)
- Knee and/or hip OA (radiographic diagnosis not required)
- Knee and/or hip pain (not related to soft tissue issues or inflammatory joint disease)
- Doctor or healthcare professional referral NOT required.
- Imaging (xray or MRI) or formal arthritis diagnosis NOT required
- New clients: book initial assessment with Sarah to determine if you are appropriate for the program and for baseline testing
- CSPC clients referred by other physios or RMTs in the clinic can be directed to Sarah for additional information and program scheduling – in this case, the initial Physio assessment with Sarah is NOT required
For more information about GLA:D, click here.
See The Rest Of Our Services