COVID-19 Clinic Protocols
What to expect at CSPC during COVID 19 Pandemic
NOTE: The following guidelines for our clinic are based on the recommendations from the BC Centre for Disease control, specifically for Community Based Allied Health providers treating in clinic settings.
During COVID19 – we are waiving our same day cancellation fees if you wake up feeling unwell. Please respect this to the fullest extent and do not abuse it. Call us as soon as you wake up and realize you have symptoms. We plan to do the same! If we do not receive a phone call from you, we will consider it as a “No-Show” and you will be charged our no-show fee.
If you are unwell and need to stay home, we can change your appointment to a Telehealth session with your physiotherapist. Please discuss this with the Admin team when you call.
Once you have booked an appointment with us (by phone or online), we encourage you to watch this video and read the steps below.
- Check out the BC Health Authority – COVID 19 Self Assessment Tool We will be using this tool to screen you at the clinic when you arrive. We encourage you to use it yourself prior to arrival, just in case. There is an app for your phone!
- Call the clinic ahead of time and ensure we have your extended health plan information and/or your credit card stored on file to allow for contactless payments.
- Leave all family members at home. The only reason you should arrive with someone else is if you require a caregiver, an interpreter, or are a minor (under 16) and require a parent/guardian.
- Bring your own mask. It can be homemade if you like. If you don’t have one, we will issue you one at the cost of $2. All proceeds will go to the Vancouver Food Bank. You and your therapist will have a discussion regarding whether you need to wear the mask for the entirety of your appointment or not.
- Bring your “gym strip” – a change of clothes appropriate for your appointment and injury (shorts, tank top or t-shirt, sports bra).
- If you like, bring your own physio exercise tools with you to use during your appointment.
- Leave all non-essential personal items at home or in your office. Arrive only with what you need for your appointment.
- Wash your hands!
2. WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment time. Any earlier, you may be asked to wait in the hall. Please be on time!
- Stop at the front door when you arrive and wait to be called in by the Admin Team. If someone else is at the front door, please stop in the hall, 6 feet away.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to you at the front door of the clinic. If you prefer to wash your hands when you arrive, hand washing stations are available within the clinic. We will ask you to wash your hands prior to, and after using any gym equipment. And remember, don’t touch your face.
- Prior to being taken into your treatment room, the Admin Team will ask you a series of questions. If you pass the quiz, you will then be asked to pay ahead for your appointment &/or provide us with your credit card information to be stored in our system if we don’t already have it.
- You will be asked the following 3 questions when you arrive:
- Are you experiencing cold, flu or COVID-19-like symptoms, even mild ones? Symptoms include: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, loss of sense of smell, headache, muscle aches, fatigue or loss of appetite.
- Have you travelled to any countries outside Canada (including the United States) within the last 14 days?
- Did you provide care or have close contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19? Note: This means you would have been contacted by your health authority’s public health team.
If you answer YES to any of the above questions, we do have some additional follow up questions to ask in order to determine if you can attend, or if we have to take any extra precautions during your appointment. Ultimately we follow the instructions of the BC Health Authority regarding COVID 19 testing and/or self isolation.
You will not be able to attend the clinic until you have been cleared for COVID 19.
3. WHAT TO EXPECT OF US
- For the protection of all us, your therapist and our staff will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment when they need to be within 2m/6ft of you. At the very least, a surgical mask will be worn by all of us. If other items are necessary to be used during your treatment we will do so (e.g. gloves, gown, face shield).
- We will be doing regular cleaning and disinfecting of all high touch points throughout the day. All direct patient care areas will be disinfected between each patient.
- Your appointment will be either 30 minutes (follow-up treatment) or 45 minutes (new injury).
- Informed consent between you and your therapist is required to ensure you understand the risks associated with in-person care during the COVID-19 pandemic. This will be discussed between you and your therapist.
4. LEAVING YOUR APPOINTMENT
To decrease exposure to you, other patients and staff:
- Your therapist will book your follow up appointment or direct you to our online booking.
- Your credit card, if kept on file, will be billed through our EMR system.
- You will be directed which door to exit the clinic from.